Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, April 2, 2012

2 April 2012

HOLA familia! Glad to hear all is going well back home! It has been an
excellent week, especially with being able to watch all the sessions of
General Conference. It was a real spiritual feast to hear from the Prophet,
the twelve and other leaders of the Church. The messages were very
uplifting and really left me feeling good about the things to come in the
mission and in life. And even I am surprised that it's already April! This
year is going by really quick, I'm now down into single digits when it
comes to how many months are left, and that's NINE (9)! I'm not sure what
else to say with respect to that! I've mentioned this a few times, but I'm
so grateful this time I've had to serve here in Ecuador, to be able to
learn more about the Savior, His Atonement, the people here in this
country, to be able to develop and use a foreign language, all things that
will be a huge benefit to me after the mission!

Well, I think the highlight of this week was General Conference. I didn't
notice David Archuleta in the MTC Choir, but it's not surprising to me that
he was singing. Nobody knows where he will be serving, other than South
America? I'm sure he will be a great missionary! I really like a quote from
President Monson that he gave in his Sunday Morning address: "In this
fast-paced life, do we ever pause for moments of meditation--even thoughts
of timeless truths?" In Spanish, the translation was "Verdades eternos" or
"Eternal truths." Whether it be timeless or Eternal, it's a real great
question to reflect on, one I'll definitely be pondering over the next
little while.

It is sure to be yet another busy, but great week here in Amazonas 2 to
kick off April! We're going to be making this the best month for the
mission! Having General Conference also helped, as our investigators heard
from the Prophet himself! That is a sure way to gain a testimony!

Well family, that is about it for this week from sunny Guayaquil. More to
come next week!

Take care, I love you all!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment