Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Thursday, February 3, 2011

2 February 2011 Lima, Peru

¡Hola Familia!
It's a beautiful, warm and sunny day here in Lima, with the temps about 80 I'd say. It's been an exciting day so far! Since the temple is closed for maintenance, we were allowed to go shopping at a few stores in Lima. We had to get there by bus, which was very interesting trying to fit as many missionaries as we had in our group!
First, we went to a store across the street from the temple which sells all Mormon things, so that was neat to see! We then walked about 3 blocks to a store called Tottus, a Peruvian equivalent to Wal-Mart. Nothing real special about the store, except the prices were really cheap. We then came back by bus to the CCM and were able to play fútbol for about an hour, which is always fun! Lunch and now email!
This week has been going by pretty quick, although is started out pretty bad. The homesickness bug hit hard on Monday, and it was still around Tuesday. Both days I was able to call you, and Tuesday I received a blessing from President Whetten, something that really calmed me down. I'm totally fine now and loving the atmosphere.
It was very fun to be able and get to go shopping and tour the city, something I've not been able to do in a month of being out! I'm glad everything is fine at home and that Kyley didn't get it too bad with her ticket! I've got some pictures from the Provo MTC and some I took today. Love you all, and I'll email next Wednesday! Oh and the Dear Elders you sent still haven't got here, but I get the email, so I can read them there! Oh, and some of the pictures I want to send won't upload, so I'll try again next week! Talk to you then!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are doing a blog. I will be fun to follow wht he is doing

    ReplyDelete