Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, April 4, 2011

4 April 2011 Machala, Ecuador

Wow, what a busy week you had!
Yes, I was able to watch the 4 sessions of Conference, along with the Priesthood session Saturday night, all in Spanish! And I was able to understand a great majority of it! It was a great recharge of my batteries and gave me even more motivation to keep pushing on in the work! Are you surprised to hear about the Temple in Fort Collins, CO? I was so excited to hear that, along with the other temples in Idaho and Winnipeg, Canada! I noticed a lot of the messages were about being prepared, as the earthquake and tsunami in Japan showed, we should all be ready.

This last week was pretty tough, as we had to let a lot of investigators go and find new ones, because they weren´t progressing at all. We've managed to find new ones, however, and get lessons in with them. We're planning a baptism for THIS SATURDAY, the 9th! It finally seems the work is paying off! I'm really excited!

This morning (4 April) at 0430, we left to go to Guayaquil to pick up my Censo (or resdency card) here in Ecuador. It feels good knowing that I'm not "illegal" per say anymore! But it has been a very long day, as we woke up at 0200! At least the buses we take are confortable, so I was able to get a few hours of sleep to and from Guayaquil.

Sounds like all is chevere (Spanish for "awesome") back home, which I always love to hear! The time is going by so fast! I've been here a month already! Crazy!

Can't wait for next week!
Love you tons!
Elder Garrett

Hello Mom!
I can't believe it's Monday again! Last week was tough, but it got so much better when Conference rolled around! It was tough because our investigators weren't progressing at all, and so we had to go out and find new ones, a task I thought we would be working at for a LONG time. Luckily it took us only a day or two to get things back rolling!
We were able to watch all the sessions of Conference this weekend! It was incredible and in Spanish! I understood a lot of it! Oh, and I met Elder Tait on Saturday too and told him how you and his mom are emailing each other. Elder Tait is super cool, so it was really neat to meet him! I wish I would have seen the MTC special, but I bet it was just a KSL thing, as we got the Satellite transmission from Salt Lake City. Conference came on here at 11 am, 9 at home, so we actually saw it live, and not on an hour delay as it is on KSL. I thought that was interesting.
We're progressing towards our first baptism, which we're planning for this Saturday!!!! It should be a blast!
I'm glad the business is still doing good, along with everyone else! Staying busy as always!
I love you tons! And yet again, next Monday will be here in the blink of an eye!
Talk to you then!

Love,
Elder Garrett!

Right now, I'm good with everything. Clothes are holding up good, but I've somehow lost two short sleeved shirts. I don't know what happened to them, but that's it. Yeah, but for now, I have all I need.
Actually, if you could email me a copy of Patriarcal Blessing, that'd be great!

Love you,
G!

No comments:

Post a Comment