Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, June 20, 2011

20 June 2011--I've Been Transferred!

Hello once again family! Glad to hear all is going well back home, and thank you Dad for sending me that article, I really enjoyed it and will print it out to read often. So Boston stole the Stanley Cup from Vancouver in Vancouver?! Ouch! Crazy stuff!
Want to know something else that's crazy? I WAS TRANSFERRED!!! Last Tuesday morning, I was getting ready for another normal day when the Assistants called saying there were "Emergency Transfers." Don't let the word emergency scare you, everything is fine where I'm at, although I will admit I'm still somewhat scratching my head on why I was transferred. But the sector I'm in now, called La Aurora, still in Machala, is really great! My companion, Elder Donoso, is from Guayaquil, Ecuador and has about 4 months left in the mission. He is super funny, a great worker, and I am very excited to be working with him in what is really a great sector. The members here are incredibly friendly and are always willing to accompany us for visits with our investigators. Our sector is much more humble than Puerto Bolivar, hardly anyone has parties here as opposed to the loud music and screaming we heard almost every night in Puerto Bolivar, so I'm sleeping a lot better at nights! :)
This past week we didn't have any baptisms, but three other wards had a combined total of eight baptisms, which was really awesome to see! This week we have three baptisms planned for Saturday night, and they are just about 100% sure, all we have to do is finish teaching them some of the commandments and such. This should be a very fun week getting everything planned, but as I said, the members are here for us and will be helping us every step of the way. The bishop of this ward, Emerson Romero, is a super funny guy, and really young for a Bishop, in his 30's. We ate lunch with him and his family Saturday afternoon and had a really nice time. It was nice to get to know him and a lot of the members quickly and gain their confidence, which will be a great help in the weeks to come in this sector.
I didn't get too many photos this week, as I was kind of busy moving, but there are some awesome areas of our sector that I will get some photos of this week and send them to you next week, and if all goes well with the baptisms, which I think it will, you'll get photos of those as well. Oh and another cool fact about my sector, we attend church in the Machala Stake Center! Our Sacrament meeting starts at 9:00 am, so it's pretty different getting up on Sundays and having basically having to rush out the door to make it there on time! The air conditioning there makes things really comfortable, so we're not all dying of heat, so that's always a nice bonus we have!
Well, other than that, not too much happened this past week, but this week will be one of the best in my mission, something I'm really grateful for! I'll have a more lengthy entry next week with pictures as well!
I love you all, and I hope you all have a great week! Tell everyone hi!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment