Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, July 11, 2011

11 July 2011 from Guayaquil

Hello family! Sounds like you have had and are having yet another busy week, as am I!

As has been the theme lately, MORE TRANSFERS!!! But this time it wasn't me, but Elder Blau, who just simply changed sectors in the zone. My new companion, and if you've kept track, my 6th in the mission field, is Elder Reynoso, from Guatemala City, Guatemala, who has 1 year and 1 month on the mission. I'm not sure whether I'm in Ecuador or Guatemala, as Elder Reynoso is my third Guatemalan companion in my time here. :) If you remember, I had Elder Donoso as a companion in Machala, so it was funny when I found out that Elder Reynoso would be my next companion here in Las Esclusas. So I might only have two weeks in this sector, so sometimes I feel lost, but I think I'll be able to get around easily enough, as our sector isn't too big and the chapel, along with the members, are usually close by. This past week went by very fast, I really can't believe I'm writing again, as it only feels like yesterday that I was writing you telling you about everything that's going on!

No baptisms this past week, but we are very optimistic about this week, as one of our investigators, Alexander, who said last week he didn't want to be baptized yet, told us yesterday that he feels it's the best thing to do, and wants to do it as soon as possible. That gave me a boost of happiness as Saturday and Sunday were kind of slow, again due to soccer, Ecuador played Venezuela in the Copa America and lost 1-0 and Sunday was the Guayaquil derby between Emelec and Barcelona, in which I think Barcelona won. Oh, and we did happen to see the amazing header goal by Abby Wambach and the penalty kicks between the US Women's team and Brazil. Crazy how quickly the game turned around in just a few minutes!

Well, not much else too exciting is going on, and all is going well here in Guayaquil. I think next week we're going to go to a really popular Iguana park in the center of G'quil, and there's a cool place called Malecon 2000 in which we can also go. There's more to do here than in Machala, so I'll have to take advantage of what's here while I'm here.

To answer the question Mom posed about shoes, mine are holding up fine. I think the only problem I'm having is keeping them clean! I brush them off everyday and polish them from time to time, but walking on dirt roads and all puts in vain the effort! But hey, if the shoes are clean for a little bit, I say it's worth it to make them look as nice as possible!

Would it be possible for you to send me some Church songs, like some Hymns and other inspirational songs, in which I can put on my other SD card that I have and listen to in the mornings? That would be awesome if you could!

Well, got to get going now, I love you all and hope your week goes well!

Talk to you next week!

Elder G!!!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment