Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, November 7, 2011

Transferred Again, I'm in Naranjito now.

Hello family once again from Ecuador! Today's entry comes to you from the city of Naranjito, just outside of a city called Milagro. Yep, I was transferred once again, after only five weeks (one week shy of a full transfer) in Cuenca. I'm once again in the province of Guayas, but about an hour or so away from Guayaquil. It's becoming very often that I say this, but my NEW companion (number nine) is Elder Bohorquez (Bore-kez), who has about three months in the mission, and is from Santa Cruz, Bolivia. I was informed late last night that I was getting transferred, which to be honest I was a little bit bummed. Bummed for two reasons: One: We had two baptisms lined up for this Saturday, Two: I was really liking the weather in Cuenca, nice and cool. I got to bed at 11:50 last night, didn't sleep too well, and was up at 5:30 getting the last of my things ready to go. It's not too fun as a missionary losing sleep. The weather here in Naranjito is just like Guayaquil, hot and humid. Today it has been really muggy, so the humidity, something I have to get used to again, is very high. I've been on a bus for a grand total of 5 hours today, so I'm just a little bit tired!

The last week in Cuenca was pretty good, even though it was darn near impossible to find anyone to teach as the "Fiestas de Cuenca" were last week, and everyone was out celebrating. I was hoping for a good last week of the transfer to get in those two baptisms, but that willl be up to Elder Cruz and his new companion to do. Elder Bohorquez has told me a little bit about the sector and what to expect, and I can only expect good! Should be a fun time getting to know more people and helping them receive this great Gospel.

Again, this letter is kind of short, apologies for that, but next week will have more details!

I love you all, glad to hear all is still well!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment