Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, March 5, 2012

5 March 2012 Still Raining!

¡Hola familia! Yes Dad, as you mentioned, it's raining basically all the time here. I've gotten pretty good in guessing when it'll rain and how hard too! But I'm keeping dry, that's unless the roads here are completely flooded, and that has happened many times, with water coming up to my ankle! But other than that, all is well here in Puerto Nuevo, I'm having a good time here, and that good time got even better this Saturday, as we had our two baptisms that I mentioned last week! The baptismal service was good, it could have been better in terms of members who attended, but the most important thing is that Jamile and Gia were able to enter into to this very special covenant with God. That's what brought me the most happiness!

Boy howdy, time is sure flying by! 14 months today, and I have hit the one year mark here in Ecuador! I have definitely made so many memories in that time, I hope to be able to remember them all! I'm glad to hear that the members still ask about me! Tell them all hi for me! 

We had quite a great experience yesterday at church. We didn't have much time to go and bring our investigators to the chapel as we were more preoccupied in getting Jamile and Gia there for their confirmations. But during the testimony meeting, a family of four which we are teaching arrived with another family who are members! It was such a relief to see them come in, I was so thankful to Heavenly Father for answering our prayers and making it possible for them to come. I was also thankful to the members who waited patiently for them, they basically saved us this week! This next week we'll make sure to have enough time to get our investigators to church! March is off to a good start, and we're very determined to keep going higher and higher in the sector. 

With regards to your question Dad, I'm good, I don't need anything as of right now. Everything is holding up well, clothes, bedding and all.

Well, gotta go, time is a little short today, but thanks for all the photos you've sent me! I quite enjoy Dad's (Mom, Ky send me some more! :)

I love you all, have a fantastic first full week of March!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur


 

No comments:

Post a Comment