Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, February 13, 2012

13 Feb 2012








¡HOLA FAMILIA!

It's been another sunny morning/rainy afternoon kind of week here in
Guayaquil! It's crazy how much it has been raining here lately! I'm getting
very used to always having my umbrella with me, because the rain comes
rather quickly, and we have to take out our umbrellas quickly, or it's
certain we will get soaked, kind of like last night.... haha! But all is
well with Elder Herrera and I, although this week was a pretty tough one to
find new people to teach. We are teaching a few people, but our challenge
is finding NEWER people. Our goal this week is to just go out and talk to
everyone and teach them. Easier said than done... That'll be the subject of
next week's email!

We continue teaching the family of Jose Luis, who are really receptive, and
are progressing towards baptism on the 25th of this month. Two of his
sisters could be baptized this week, but we've not been able to teach them
all they need to know in terms of the lessons, so we pushed the date back to
the 25th so it gives us enough time to help them build a strong testimony
about the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, the Gospel in general.

This weekend here in Ecuador is something called "Carnaval". It's basically
when everyone brings out their swimming pools and buckets and throw water
everywhere. I've also heard that paint and eggs are part of the throwing as
well. I'll make sure to stay away from all that hooliganism, and I'll also
report on that next week.

Not too much else going on around here to be honest, but I have attached a
few pictures I snapped during this week, mostly of the clouds and storms
rolling in. I'm having my own photo class here in Ecuador!

I don't mean to be so short, but I'll write more next Monday!

Enjoy your week!

I love you all!


--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment