Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, May 9, 2011

9 May 2011 - Machala & A New Companion

Hello family!

It was so great to talk to you all yesterday and hear how everything is going! I was incredibly happy all day yesterday knowing that I'd be able to call! I am very delighted to hear everything is going well and that everyone is happy!
Another Monday is here again, and I have some interesting news to share with you!

You know how we talked about how our transfers are 6 weeks long? Well, after we finished our hour of proselyting, Elder Ruiz and I walked in the house to find the Zone Leaders talking to the Assistants over the phone saying that there were transfers! Elder Ruiz, whom I had only three weeks with, was transfered to Guayaquil this morning! I must say I was a little shocked to hear about the transfers, seeing as I had only just talked to you about how long they were! But this happens sometimes in the mission, so it's not like the world is spinning out of control if there's a mid-transfer transfer.

My new companion is Elder Choc, who is also from Guatemala! He has only 3 months left in the mission! He seems happy and is happy to be here! I'm glad he is here too!

It seems a little crazy to be on my third companion and only midway through my second transfer! Hopefully I'll be able to stay with Elder Choc for a little bit longer time than just three weeks, but who knows, it's likely in three weeks, when this transfer ends, I could have a new companion and be in a new location! About the only thing I can say about that would be "CRAZY!" We'll see what happens!

Other than that, not much is going on. We're still working with some people in getting them to baptism, something they have trouble accepting, but we're getting close!

I received your email about Keaton, I will keep him in my prayers that all will turn out good for him, that he may be able to return to the field as soon as possible.

Well, wouldn't you know it, I get the computer where the USB drive doesn't work and there aren't any other computers available. AGH! I'll be honest, I'm just a little angry about that! I promise I will send photos when I get a computer that works!

Anyway, I love you all, and you are all in my prayers! Smile! :)

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment