Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, August 29, 2011

29 August 2011

Hello Family! Wow, this was really one of the best weeks in the mission by far and not just because I had my birthday! We managed to put a bunch of baptism dates with our investigators, and they all accepted! Elder Badger and I are super excited for the month of September, as our goal is to have 10 baptisms this month. Right now we have seven people who will be baptized, two of them this weekend! Lucia and Ariel are awesome people and they are really, really excited to be baptized and enjoy the Gospel more fully in their lives. We have another family, the Rodriguez's, who at first we weren't sure if they'd accept, but through a lot of praying and diligent work with them, they accepted baptismal dates for the 17th. Our other two dates we have aren't so sure as of right now, but we will be working very hard to secure them in the coming week!
 
This transfer has seen this sector really come alive. The last change we didn't have much success, just a lot of building up. Now we are getting the members excited about the work and they helped out a lot last week which I've noticed is a lot better than trying to do all the work on your own! This week will be a lot of the same, which is ok, because we'll have members ready and willing to help out!
 
Ok, so I'll share how my birthday went: REALLY GOOD! Saturday we had another huge pizza from the pizza place close to our house, really tasty! Sunday was great because the Branch has a tradition to have cake on the last Sunday of the month for the members who had birthdays in that month. It was neat to be included in that group! They even sang Happy Birthday/Feliz CumpleaƱos to us! It turned out great!
 
This week will be another great one, mainly for the baptisms we'll be having, but being with the members and having their help will make things very smooth for us! It's awesome to see the blessings we get for working diligently!
 
I hope you all have a great week, and thanks to those who wrote me for my birthday! It was great to hear from you! And I'll have to get back to you next week about the packages, I've not received anything as of yet, but I'll let you know!
 
Take care everyone! I love you all!
--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment