Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, August 22, 2011

P-Day 22 August 2011 A New Companion

Hey family! Thanks for the great picture you sent me! I enjoyed it! This week is going to be a fun week, and this morning I received what you could call an early birthday present: A NEW COMPANION! Elder Reynoso was transferred to another sector in the center of Guayaquil today. My new companion, number seven (7) here in Ecuador for those who are keeping track, is Elder Badger, from Provo, UT! He is just about to complete a year on the mission and is a super missionary! When I was in Machala he was in my district, and I was his companion for one day when we were evacuated to Cuenca back in March, so you could say it was just a matter of time until we were companions for a longer period of time, and now we are! I feel we are going to have a lot of success in the month of September here in Las Esclusas. Elder Reynoso helped me build up the sector, and now we're going to be "harvesting the field" (D&C 4:4). It was definitely a time to just be patient and try and find those who are ready to listen to the Gospel in the last transfer, in this transfer it will be a time of baptizing! I thank my Heavenly Father every day and night for the people we're teaching, He has put these people in our path at this time, a sure good sign that they are ready to listen to the Gospel!
 
This past week was really good in the sector, we had five investigators in Sacrament meeting! Funny story: After bringing the first two to the Chapel on Sunday, Elder Reynoso and I literally sprinted out the door to get the other three investigators to make it on time! Having those people in Church gave us a big boost of confidence to know that they wanted to attend, yet another blessing!
 
This week I'm sure will be great as have been the other weeks here in the mission! Something I've learned, and maybe I've shared this a few times, is that every transfer has its fruits and is for the better! I can already see the upcoming six weeks passing by really quickly and with a lot of baptisms! I'm really excited to go out and get these people baptized! YEAH!
 
Another week will seem like a blur here in Guayaquil! I'm sure your week will too with school starting up again, and before we know, September starts! Have a great week! I will too! And I'm sure I'll hear plenty of "Feliz CumpleaƱos" on Saturday! :)
 
Tell everyone I say hi!
Love you all!
 

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment