Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, January 30, 2012

30 Jan 2012

Well hey there family, sounds like it has been a rather interesting week back home. It's rather unfortunate to see that someone I know was part of that plan, and I should be rather careful about what I say or I'll be very, very angry. Kudos to the police and the Roy High administration for stopping what could have been something awful. It has been a rocky start to the year in Roy and Ogden from what I've gathered from you all this month.

Well, on another note, the mission. It was a pretty good week, although a little bit slow. However, we managed to put a baptismal date with one of our invesigators, Jose Luis. He will be baptized this Saturday after having attended Church the minimum two times. Something very helpful for Elder Alvarez and I was that after church last Sunday, almost all the youth who are the same age as Jose Luis instantly made a friendship with him, giving him something crucial, fellowship. For us as missionaries we oft times struggle to find members who can be their friends. Because if we are their only friends, it will be just a short-time relationship, as we are subject to transfers and all the good stuff of the mission. The members, however, will always be there, almost assuring that the investigator-turned-convert stays active in the Church. We even have a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) planned with Jose Luis and his member friends tonight, which I'm pretty excited for!

The weather this week has been rather unpredictable. One moment it can be sunny, almost 90ºF (32ºC), and the next, a DOWNPOUR!  I have streets in our sector that after maybe a half hour of rain are flooded with several inches of water built up. That also presents a challenge, as some of our investigators live on those streets that are flooded. The result, a lot of postponed/cancelled appointments. Oh the mission! It never ceases to surprise me!

I love the pictures you sent me of the house! Especially the one of Kru just chillin' on the couch, like always! The paint job looks fantastic! I like the color!

The photos this week: President Montalti coming down to my level! The sister missionaries from Otavalo, Ecuador, and my buddy Elder Zuleta and I!

More photos next week!

Love you all, glad to hear everyone is doing well! Enjoy the Super Bowl this weekend! More next Monday!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur


No comments:

Post a Comment