Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

7 May 2012

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooola familia! Wow, sounds like it was a great week back home! Thanks for the photos! The backyard looks great! It won't be so hard to mow the grass!

So this week wasn't the greatest, but yesterday sure made up for it! We went to church only having one investigator committed to go, but when we arrived, our bishop informed us that another investigator, who had been listening to the missionaries in the north of Guayaquil with his girlfriend who is a member, was going to attend our ward, and the best part is, he has a baptismal date already set for this Saturday! Our goal was to have one baptism this week, but now we'll have two!  I'd call that a nice blessing! We went around our sector this week getting to know more members of the ward, "gaining their confidence" as Elder Castillo likes to say. He says he really likes this sector, so we're off on a good foot in this transfer! I'm not sure how much my Spanish accent is coming along, but Argentinians talk with a different, Italian-like accent, and that accent is starting to come up a little with me! I'm sure you'll be able to pick up a little bit of the accent this Sunday, and speaking of which, we don't know anything as of yet. I'm thinking this week we will know (at least I hope to know this week, that'd be good!). I'm hoping to use Skype! It will likely be like Christmas, where I called the day before to let you all know. So be patient, I'll let you know one way or another!

I think I mention this almost every week, but time sure flies! I did some calculations, and I am now in my 71st week as a missionary. 104 weeks is equal to 2 years! 33 weeks to go! It will go fast! In July, I'll start receiving things about a return date and all that good news! But for now, I'll keep working away, that's what makes the time pass by so quick! I'll also get some photos for you next week too! I'm sure to have a few good ones!  Not too much to report on, slow week in all honesty. Next Monday will be a good report!

I love you all, can't wait to talk to you on Sunday! 

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist 
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment