Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, April 30, 2012

30 April 2012 No Transfer Just Another Companion- #18

¡Hola querida familia! Wow, yet another week has gone by super fast! And
Dad says he's waiting for news on a transfer or a new companion, well, I do
have news on that front! I have another companion! Elder Doyle was
transferred today, so I'm still here in Amazonas 2. Click the Companion
Counter one more time! My 15th companion (in Ecuador, #18 overall) is Elder Castillo, from San Luis,
Argentina. He has a mere three months on the mission, so he's what I could
call really new, seeing as I now have 1 year and 4 months on the mission.
I'm super excited to have a companion from Argentina, a first for me. Elder
Castillo's first sector was in Machala, so there is a lot we can relate to,
as I served in Machala in what seems forever ago. We're really looking
forward to May, it will be a superb month! Yesterday we had the
satellite-transmitted stake conference. It was really good! We heard from
Elder Marcus B. Nash, of the Seventy, Elder D. Todd Christofferson, and
Elder Richard G. Scott, both of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and
Sister Mary N. Cook, 1st Counselor in the Young Women's General Presidency.
All the Elders spoke in Spanish, while Sister Cook had a translator. It was
really neat because for General Conference, translators are used, but
yesterday we were able to hear the actual voices of the General
Authorities, as the trasmission was specifically for Ecuador. The Church is
growing A LOT here, especially in Guayaquil, it's really well-received, for
that reason, many people get baptized on a monthly basis. The Guayaquil
South mission is one of the highest baptizing missions in the world, so for
me it really is an honor and privilege to be serving here and to be taking
part in the "most important work".

This week here in Ecuador we saw a little bit of rain towards the end of
the week, but for the most part the rainy season is done, and the "cold
season" is coming, although here on the Ecuadorian coast, cold means 70ºF
or so, so not what I or you would consider cold. That's what I call
comfortable! That is good missionary weather! My companion says that in his
city in Argentina they are all getting ready for the cold as well, but he
lives more in the mountains, the western side of Argentina, so that's the
type of cold I'd be familliar with.

This week will be great, the time just keeps flying by! Seems like April
just started, and now it's over! No photos this week, but I'll try and snap
some for next week! Hopefully I get some photos from you as well!

I love you all! Write you next week!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment