Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, September 3, 2012

P-Day 3 September 2012 - 21st Companion

¡Hola familia! Wow, this was a super week! It was only one day that made it
a super week, too, that being Saturday. We had the great privilege to hear
and see in person Elder D. Todd Christofferson, of the Quorum of the Twelve
Apostles. Wow, that was something incredible! Before the meeting started,
all the missionaries present were able to shake hands with Elder
Christofferson, his wife, and two other Area Seventies, Elder Pino (who we
recently heard from at the end of July) and Elder Vallejo. You can probably
imagine the huge ear-to-ear smile I had on my face after shaking hands with
him. That is definitely a moment I won't forget. What was interesting was
that the message he shared with us wasn't all written out, it was shared by
way of a Question & Answer session he held. He touched on many topics, but
the three that stood out the most were Faith, Pure Love (Charity) and
Confidence. It definitely was a big spiritual feast, a good warm up for
General Conference next month! I took plenty of notes, so I'll have those
to look back on and study.

This week we'll be preparing to have a baptism. There's still some things

to be worked out, but I have the faith that we'll be able to get everything
in line for Saturday! Ah yes, before I forget, I do have a new companion,
Elder Rueschmann, from Ava, Missouri. It's a small town about 4 hours
southwest of St. Louis, close to the city of Branson. He has 22 months on
the mission, so he'll be ending next month! Seems like I'm getting all
those who are ending lately! Soon enough I'll be the one ending, haha, with
this week being 20 months completed for me! And it's already September! The
time has passed by so quickly! And I'm sure the next four months will pass
by even faster!

Well, that's about all this week from Ecuador!


Hope you all have a fantastic week!


Love you all!





                                                   --

Elder Garrett Cederquist
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment