Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, July 18, 2011

18 July 2011 Guayaquil

Hi family! Sorry today's letter is a little late, Elder Reynoso and I went to the Malecon 2000 here in the center of Guayaquil today to see some of the sights there. It was really cool and I managed to get some great pictures! There is a lighthouse in which you can walk up 444 stairs (and even more to get to the top of the lighthouse) to have a fantastic panoramic view of all of Guayaquil! It really was amazing, but really tiring! You can probably find it by searching "Faro de Guayaquil," or Guayaquil Lighthouse". There are some other places by the Malecon which are really cool, but we didn't have time to go to them, mainly because the walk from the beginning of the Malecon to the Faro is easily over a mile! Without a doubt the funnest P-Day as of yet here in the mission!

Glad to here all is going well, Ky I hope you've recovered after a hectic last week! It made me tired reading the description you gave me of all you did! And no, I don't know anyone by the name of Rene Paul Garzon Cruz, so you can deny the request. I'm glad your talks went well! I haven't given a talk since April when I was in Puerto Bolivar, Machala. How the time has flown by since then! All is going well here as well, although it's a little slow in teaching people, because after the last transfer our sector was what we call dead, nobody in the program, so this last week we went contacting like crazy, and now we have people to teach, so things are back to normal! We managed to have 5 investigators in Sacrament meeting yesterday, which is pretty good for our sector, but I think we can bring even more next week, so we'll be working really hard to make sure that that happens!

It was kind of slow-going the past week, so there's not a whole ton to write about, apart from the Lighthouse and Malecon, haha! But there are pictures to see this week of the Malecon, lighthouse, me putting a baptismal date with Ronald McDonald, our last baptism on 2 July and what you get for having a baptism (SNICKERS!!!) I'll be sure to send some more pictures next week too!

Oh, and Ecuador was eliminated from Copa America last week by losing 4-2 to Brazil. So everyone is bummed here. :)

Well, gotta hurry and get back to the house so we can get our stuff and go out for a little bit tonight!

Take care, have a great week! Tell everyone I say hi!

Love you all!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment