Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, July 4, 2011

4 July 2011 Guayaquil, Las Esclusas

Hello family from Guayaquil on this 4th of July! It's pretty different as it's just another day here and not a huge holiday like it is back home. I'll admit it feels a little strange being outside of the country and wanting to celebrate. But at least it's only one day and not an entire week, as some of the things are here in Ecuador. And we've bought food and drinks to have somewhat of a celebration later on.

This week we had the two baptisms of Roberto and Daniel, both really great and excited to be new members of the Church. We probably won't have any baptisms this weekend, but we're looking at the 16th as a good opportunity to have several more baptisms. July should be very good as there are five weeks and plenty of people to find and teach here in this sector!

So where I'm serving, Las Esclusas, is a Branch. That also is a little different as I haven't been in a Branch since we lived in New Mexico! But whether it's a Ward or Branch, the members are great either way and I'm excited to be working with them. Are you surprised I'm not writing about getting transferred yet again? :) Transfers come really quick, so June was pretty crazy as I felt like I was moving around every two weeks (oh wait, I was moving around every two weeks!) ;). But for now things have settled down, until likely next week where this transfer ends and we could see some more transfers. We're thinking that not many changes will be made as a lot were made in June.

Oh one thing... The Church is discouraging the use of blogs, so we've been told not to use them out of respect for privacy and safety and all. So I suppose you could post this as a notice to those who are following the blog. The easiest thing would be for those people to email or write me, as I can get back to them. I'll still send photos, but they can't be published on the blog. Unfortunate to see that happen, but the Church is about the well-being of everyone, so that's just how it goes. And missionaries are saying bad stuff about the mission, so that's a factor as well.

The Copa America soccer tournament is underway here in South America (Argentina this year), so yesterday was terrible in trying to find people because Ecuador was playing Paraguay, which ended in a 0-0 tie.

Colorado, huh? And the Greeley Stampede?!?! I am jealous! I'm glad to hear Nana and Papa are doing well and that you all had a great time there! I want to see some photos! Take some pics at the RSL game too! I'll send pics next week as this computer today didn't have an SD card slot.

Having 4 Americans in the house is great! More English is spoken in the house, but we do speak Spanish often as well! No interesting foods, but there is really good pizza place just down the street from our house that makes a HUGE family size pizza for $10! It's a really good deal!

Well, take care everyone and enjoy the day and the rest of the week! I'm sure it'll go by fast, just as every week has! Can you believe I've been out for 6 months already?!?! Crazy! The time goes by very, very fast! Tomorrow we will have a District Meeting with President Montalti, which should be a really good time.

Love you all!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment