Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, April 23, 2012

23 April 2012 Pictures of Stitches


Hello family! No worries, I'm still alive and doing good. I'm feeling very good, excited to get back working more this week. As a result of the sickness, we didn't work too much this past week, as the order from the nurses was to take it easy and not overdo it. I'll be able to work more this week, so I'm excited to be able and go out to finish off this quick month of April. This weekend here in all of Ecuador there is a satellite transmission for every stake, so basically Stake Conference for the entire country. I don't know too much else about it, other than a General Authority will be presiding over the conference, which will be beamed from Church Headquarters in Salt Lake City. So we had a lot of plans to have baptisms this month, but with my sickness, things kind of went the other way. It's true that life can make really good plans look rather silly in a short amount of time. But we're looking forward to May, which, if all goes well, will be a fantastic month here in the mission. I also heard today from Elder Herrera, my companion in Puerto Nuevo. He said five people we had been teaching when I was transferred were baptized a couple of weeks ago, all in the same night! I was excited to hear that! Five in one night, wow, my record stands at three, that was when I was in Machala, in the La Aurora Ward, and that's almost been a year ago. How the time flies!

Well, in all honesty, there's not too much to report on this week, other than, yes, I'm doing fine, and that this week will be very productive. I do have attached a couple of pictures of the stitches, from last Tuesday, to today. The scar is healing up pretty quick, and it's not that noticeable. It has made for a good conversation starter with the members and investigators though. I got a bunch of sympathy points from everyone last week too, so that's a little bit of a motivator!

Okey dokey family, that's it from Ecuador this week, I'll have more next week, I promise it won't be as boring of a report!

I love you all, take care!




--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur
10 Stitches
Resulting Scar

No comments:

Post a Comment