Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

28 May 2012 Another New Companion-A European!

¡Hola familia! Wow, what a good week this was for us here in the sector! I've mentioned this many times in the past, and once again, that with success come changes! Yep, Elder Castillo was transferred this morning in one of those "emergency transfers". He's actually in another sector not too far from where we are, so I might be able to cross paths with him sometime soon. Take note of this one, my 16th companion is Elder Burger, it sounds like an English name, but he is actually from Nuremberg, Germany! He has just about 5 months on the mission. I've definitely had my fair share of foreign companions, but I think this one takes the cake. I never thought while here in South America I'd have a European companion, but now I do! The list of stories I have just keeps on growing! This is certainly one of them. Luckily Elder Burger speaks pretty decent Spanish, that's due to the fact that his family is actually living in Paraguay, but he left from Germany. I know, sounds a little strange, but interesting nonetheless.

Interestingly enough, I actually felt a little of this "cold" the people talk about here in Guayaquil the last few nights. It's what we'd call cool, but it's nice change from feeling the heat all day and night! In terms of the mission work, all is going well, managed to find an interested investigator thanks to a member of the ward. It's a really good thing when the members bring their non-member friends to Church, it's one big step in them learning about the Gospel, and we like it because it means we have an investigator with one of two required attendances before they can get baptized. So this week we'll be doing a lot of the same, finding those and keeping those we can and have prepared to be baptized in the coming weeks. Who knows, maybe I'll learn a little bit of German too!

Well, apart from crazy transfers to an early edition of October Fest (ha ha!) all is well here in Guayaquil! And June starts this week! That means 17 months on the mission! The time just keeps winding down faster and faster. We're always reminded to keep track of how much time we have left, and I am about 224 days from ending, it sure is going to go by quickly.


Take care, love you all! Tell everyone I say ¡HOLA!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

Elder Castillo and Garrett


No comments:

Post a Comment