Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, January 7, 2013

3 Dec 2012

¡Hola familia from a warm and sunny Santa Rosa on this first Monday of
December! Can you believe that? This year is almost over, it sure was
quick, wasn't it?

Well, allow me to tell you how great of a week we had! About midweek,
Wednesday or Thursday, we received a referral from a member in the Santa
Rosa 2nd Branch, who has a friend who lives in our sector, wow, what a
great family! It's a mom and her daughter, and when we met them for the
first time, both my companion and I knew they would be baptized! It's funny
how I am in the province of El Oro (Gold), and how the referrals we receive
are golden as well! They have a baptismal date for the 15th of this month,
and another family we have been working with accepted a baptismal date for
the 22nd! It was a week of success, helping all of the people to realize
the importance of being baptized, and today Presdent Montalti's weekly
letter talks just about that: Baptism! This last month of the mission will
be full of success, that's exactly how I want to end, with a lot of
baptisms! Sure, it'll be sad to leave Ecuador and all the great people
here, but I know I've done my best to help them come unto Christ and see
the blessings that come from living the Gospel, that gives me a nice
feeling of satisfaction!

Thanks for your updates this week, I'm glad you all could spend some time
with some of the family, what a nice surprise that must have been! Can't
wait to spend that time with all of you here shortly!

I love you all, have a splendid first full week of December, the Christmas
spirit is in the air!

-- 
Elder Garrett Cederquist
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment