Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Monday, August 27, 2012

13 Aug 2012


Hello family! Wow, I can't believe it's Monday again, it feels like just
yesterday I was writing you! It was a pretty good week here in the ward, we
had a baptism yesterday of Susana, 83 years old. She has family who are
members, and they said it's been an 18-year-long wait for her to get
baptized, as that's the amount of time they've been members of the Church.
It was a very special baptismal service, I really felt the Spirit strongly
yesterday. I think all of you asked if I have a new companion yet, and the
answer is no. Elder Garcia will be leaving next week, completing the
month-long extension he had. In terms of what will happen next week, who
will be my companion and all, well, I have no clue! It'll be another case
of those "emergency transfers" that happen rather often here in the
mission. So next week I'll have an update of all that happens with that!
This week we're just going to go out and talk to as many people as possible
to be able to increase our success here in the sector, and so that my new
companion and I will have an abundant number of people to teach.

I'm sure that this week will pass by just like the last few have, a blink
of the eye, and I'll be writing again! Well, to Mom and Ky, have fun at
Bear Lake! Soon enough I'll be able to go! Ha ha! Ah yes, the treats from
Elder Burger's family: DELICIOUS! There's still some left, so I'll be able
to enjoy them for a little while longer! I hope RSL can pull it together
this week and get back to winning! Glad to hear that Brock is doing good,
sounds like his talk was fantastic! Tell tham I say hi! Tell the
neighborhood campers I say hi as well!

I love you all, take care, have a fantastic week!

--
Elder Garrett Cederquist
MisiĆ³n Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment