Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Sunday, November 4, 2012

8 Oct 2012

¡Hola familia! Really it's Columbus Day? Well, here in Ecuador, the
equivalent of Columbus Day, "Dia de la Raza" is on Friday of this week, not
to mention the "Fiestas de Guayaquil" are this week, so Guayaquil will be
partying it up this whole week. The big event this last week was definitely
watching General Conference! I learned a lot of things from the Prophet and
Apostles, and how great it is to see that missionaries, both Elders and
Sisters, will be able to serve at a younger age. A lot of the members I
talked to during and after Conference are really excited for that news. It
will be great to see even more willing youth who want to serve the Lord
come into His work. For me, I can't believe that 21 months have passed by,
January is quickly approaching! This next week I will be getting a new
companion, due to the fact that this is Elder Rueschmann's last week in the
mission! But he's still chugging along, not thinking too much on what he's
going to do when he gets home, he's focused! I like that! One of Conference
talks I really enjoyed was from Sister Ann. M Dibb. She shared the story of
seeing a girl from Colorado that had a t-shirt that said "I'm Mormon, and
You?" Sister Dibb went on to say that her slogan would be: "I'm Mormon. I
know it. I live it. I love it!" Apparently from what I've heard, that
phrase is making waves on Facebook, an instant hit indeed! A lot of the
talks yesterday were based on Faith, which always is mentioned without
fail. Can I mention how great that solo was from the brother in the Mormon
Tabernacle Choir! Amazing! Impressive! He nailed every note! It was also
nice to sing the hymns in English, we had everyone looking at us, ha ha!
Now we'll be working in the next few weeks to help the investigators who
came to Conference understand even more of the Gospel and the blessings
they can receive by living it. That takes me back to "I know it. I live it.
I love it!"

Well family, that's the report for this week! Hope you all have a great
week and keep up the good restaurant search! I'll be sure to have a great
week as well!

I love you all, take care!

-- 
Elder Garrett Cederquist
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment