Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week One Provo MTC 5 January 2011

Dear Family,                                                                                                            1-5-11

I make it through Day 1!  I was worried it was going to be a drag, but we got right to work with Spanish class and several role playing situations with "investigators".  I've got a great companion in Elder Felton from Las Vegas.  We're both scheduled to the Peru MTC on the 25th, so it was nice to have a little common ground to start.

There are a TON of Elders and Sisters here.  It's really comforting to know we're all here for the same reason.  I managed to see Elder Stanger at dinner, so we talked for a few minutes, he seems to be doing very well. I think I managed to talk to Elders from Alaska (Eagle River even, but he doesn't know Cody), Maryland, Texas, even one from Scotland, so we talked a little soccer.

I'll admit, it's been an emotional rollercoaster and probably will be for a little while.  But know that I'm safe and doing what I need to be.  The Lord is definitely looking our for all of us.

I love you all and hope to e-mail you soon!
        
                                                                                      Love,
                                                                                      Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment