Garrett in front of the Guayaquil Temple

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week Two Provo MTC 11 January 2011

Hi Family!
So far the MTC has been great! I've gotten to know everyone in my district really well! They are all great Elders who are excited to serve the Lord. My schedule is absolutely packed with classes and meetings, so P-Day is really relaxed, a welcome break from the other 6 days! I have seen Elder Wilde and Elder Stanger several times in the week I've been here. I've also crossed paths with a few other friends from school. I received the shot records you (Dad) sent me, so I'll have to print them out. The lady who was over immunizations said I needed a yellow card so I could re-enter the country after serving, which I found a little annoying. I met four other Elders today who are also going to be serving in Guayaquil South! We'll all be going to the MTC in Lima, Peru as well. My companion, Elder Felton, is also scheduled to leave to the MTC in Peru that same day, but he says a lot of missionaries have Visa problems. I've not heard any worries about Visas for Ecuador, so all still looks good to leave Provo in about 2 weeks. From what I've heard, the flight to Peru is about 30 hours with layovers and all that fun stuff! Fortunately there are quite a few missionaries, both Elders and Sisters, who are headed to Peru, so I won't be too lonely going down there if there aren't too many Visa problems.
I'm glad to hear everything is going great back at home, and thanks Mom for the Elder G-Train bear! I'm happy to hear that Kason mentioned me in his talk on Sunday. I'll look for him tomorrow.
Oh, this is for Ky... I don't know who the Elder was who helped me with my bags and welcomed me on Wednesday, sorry!
I wrote this in the laundry room while I waiting for my clothes to dry, so it was just a little hectic trying to get on a computer!
If you don't have it, my address is:
Elder Garrett Michael Cederquist
MTC Mailbox #261
ECU-GUAS 0126
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793
Keep sending me the DearElder letters, because I am able to read those on the same day if they're sent before 2 p.m. Hand-written letters are also appreciated! :) Talk to you next week!
I love you all,
Elder Garrett!

No comments:

Post a Comment